Re: new version of fed query

On 1/21/2011 11:30 AM, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> I added a section on BINDINGS to rq25:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#bindings
>

> For Federated query there is a top level section,
>
> [[
> 14 Basic Federated Query
>
> This document incorporates the syntax for SPARQL federation extensions.
>
> This feature is defined in the document SPARQL 1.1 Federation Extensions
> [Link].
> ]]
>
> [link] http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-federated-query/
>
> While this feels a bit odd, on balance, it seems better than just
> placing a sentence or two in the introduction or some other overall
> text.

This seems fine.

> Discussion of optionality can go in the federated query document

I think given the unified grammar that we'll need to work on the
conformance section at
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#conformance . It
will need to note what makes an implementation conformant with SPARQL
Query, since the grammar referenced there includes SPARQL Update and
SPARQL Fed Extensions. I'll think about this some more.

Lee