Re: Importing RIF

On Dec 13, 2010, at 12:40 , Axel Polleres wrote:

>> I understand the RIF WG situation. Ie, the decision to put it into the SPARQL document is procedurally a possibility. The possibility I was wondering abot is that the SPARQL WG put this note as a REC separately and then the entailment document would refer to it.
>
> Hmm, Sandro's and my idea was rather the other way around, cf.
> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-12-01
> i.e. copy the spec to our SPARQL document and then see whether the RIF-in-RDF [2] doc goes further than a Note (upon which we can't really rely):
>
> The rationale is:
> - this way doesn't to put us under stress to put the RIF-in-RDF doc forward to Rec (in the light of our tight schedule and other things on our plate, that seems preferable)
> - if I understood Sandro correctly, when the Second Edition for XSD comes out, we will anyways need to do an update/erratum for some RIF documents, including [1], where
>   we can include a mention of the SPARQL Entailment Regimes document and rif:usedWithProfile.

Just trying to explore this space, not trying to be difficult...

I am not sure I understand, however; I seem to miss something here. How does this relate to RIF-in-RDF? Your small spec does not seem to depend on it, other than referring to that as one possibility (which can be done non-normatively). It refers to RIF-and-RDF which is closed and published. Ie, I do not see the dependency issue.

Ivan