Re: Importing RIF

> I understand the RIF WG situation. Ie, the decision to put it into the SPARQL document is procedurally a possibility. The possibility I was wondering abot is that the SPARQL WG put this note as a REC separately and then the entailment document would refer to it.

Hmm, Sandro's and my idea was rather the other way around, cf.
 http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-12-01
i.e. copy the spec to our SPARQL document and then see whether the RIF-in-RDF [2] doc goes further than a Note (upon which we can't really rely):

The rationale is:
 - this way doesn't to put us under stress to put the RIF-in-RDF doc forward to Rec (in the light of our tight schedule and other things on our plate, that seems preferable)
 - if I understood Sandro correctly, when the Second Edition for XSD comes out, we will anyways need to do an update/erratum for some RIF documents, including [1], where
   we can include a mention of the SPARQL Entailment Regimes document and rif:usedWithProfile.

Axel

1. RIF RDF and OWL Compatibility http://www.w3.org/TR/rif-rdf-owl/
2. http://www.w3.org/TR/rif-in-rdf/