Re: SPARQL protocol and HTTP Update : HTML file upload

On 2010-11-25, at 10:16, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> HTML form file upload is a POST of multipart/form-data [RFC1867].  For most current browsers, it can contain a single file and some other parameters.  The protocol allows multiple files.
>
> Is this in/out scope for the SPARQL protocol and SPARQL HTTP Update?
>
> It would be good for standard, documented behavior here.  What is needed is:
>
> 1/ Note that the 2 specs do apply to multipart/form-data
> 2/ Define it so every content-disposition: filename= means load
>   as per POST for each of the SPARQL protocols.

This seems sensible, I see filename= as problematic though, as we really need a URI in there for it to be useful.

The fact that POST updates are not yet fully specified in http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-http-rdf-update/#http-post is a source of concern to us.

- Steve

--
Steve Harris, CTO, Garlik Limited
1-3 Halford Road, Richmond, TW10 6AW, UK