Re: [TF-LIB] BNode

On 12/03/2010 5:00 PM, Axel Polleres wrote:
 > One should note that - strictly speaking - bnodes aren't really
variables in the
 > WHERE part, they just "boil down" to variables there by requiring
(simple)
 > entailment for BGP matching, agree?

No. They are non-distinguished variables.

[[
4.1.4 Syntax for Blank Nodes

Blank nodes in graph patterns act as non-distinguished variables, not as
references to specific blank nodes in the data being queried.
]]

which is agreed text from the different interested parties from DAWG.

> Summarising: I (*chair*) certainly wouldn't be a roadblock to BNODE(), but I see
> two views on this issue, the second being my (*personal*) understanding that treating
> Bnodes BGPs uniformly the same  way as in CONSTRUCTs would not cause harm, but that
> this behavior farily intuitively can be extended to expressions (both in SELECTs and FILTERs).

As you were the driver for having BNODE, or some such, a mechanism for
the only reason why nested CONSTRUCTs might be needed, I see little
support for the feature.  Let's just drop it - it's already in a
time-premitting feature only.

Re-interpretation of SPARQL 1.0 is not worth the effort.

	Andy