Re: [TF-PP] cycles - simple or a walk

On 2010-3-4 15:47 , Andy Seaborne wrote:

> In
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2010Feb/0012.html
>

> Jeremy Carroll raises the issue of cycles.
>
> Given:
>
> eg:a eg:p eg:a
> eg:a eg:p eg:b
>
> does "?a eg:p {3, 7} ?b" match ?b to both eg:a and eg:b by going round
> the loop in eg:a ex:p eg:a a few times.
>
> One possibility is to allow this.

I would agree with that. After all, looking at the data, I would expect

SELECT ?x ?y WHERE {?x eg:p ?y.}

does return ?x/eg:a ?y/ex:a as possible answer, doesn't it? If on the
other hand, ?a eg:p {3, 7} ?b would not match ex:a for ?b that would be
in contradiction...

Ivan

> The other is to spec that this does not contribute to the length of the
> path.  A "simple path" in the graph theory terminology.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_%28graph_theory%29
>
>     Andy

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153