Re: [TF-LIB] Finalizing built-ins

On 23 Feb 2010, at 16:42, Andy Seaborne wrote:
> On 23/02/2010 1:33 PM, Steve Harris wrote:
>> Prefer STRDT(?str, ?dt) and STRLANG(?str, ?lang) or something
>> similar,
>> for consistency. Agreed that making this polymorphic is maybe not a
>> good
>> idea. No strong feelings though.
>
> STR* are OK although it's not a string, it's literal (not a plain
> literal or xsd:string).
>
> LIT_DT
> LIT_LANG
>
> LITDT
> LITLANG

Yes, fair point, either of the the above are fine.

> > I can imagine this playing havoc with peoples extension function
> > implementations, and security models.
>
> Not sure I quite follow.  The only new issue, if a system wants to
> allow the feature anyway, here is a change from from static to
> dynamic resolution.  It won't parse under SPARQL 1.0.

I don't really want to go into details (like Lee says, it's a bit of a
huge issue to consider at this point anyway), but you could end up
partially executing a query, so that you can tell if your security
model should allow it to be executed - that's very from from ideal.

Steve Harris, Garlik Limited
2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
+44 20 8973 2465  http://www.garlik.com/
9AD