Re: Test framework for Update

The work was done by several of us (DanBri, Libby ...) then adopted by
DAWG (Steve, Lee, Jeen), Eric added annotation support for noting
intersting facts and the rdf:type got added (syntax test, bad synatx
test, query test).

mf:entries
    (
      [  mf:name    "Path-01" ;
         rdf:type   mfx:TestQuery ;
         mf:action
         [ qt:query  <path-01.arq> ;
           qt:data   <data-1.ttl> ] ;
         mf:result  <path-01.srx>
      ]

The structure of tests needs tweaking but it is basically there:
action-result, where the action has query-specific vocab for dataset
description and the query itself.

What could work for update is the same overall theme:

graph store - update script - result

where the result is an NQuads file (lowest implementation cost).  The
dataset description would work for a graph store, I think, including
empty graphs (with care).

You can get to all the scripted test via:

http://jena.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/jena/ARQ/trunk/testing/ARQ/

but there isn't scripted support for update.

	Andy