Re: Draft Response to ED-1

On 12 Feb 2010, at 16:56, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> On 12/02/2010 4:08 PM, Steve Harris wrote:
>> I believe that it's equivalent to Eric's proposal, which was on the
>> table for a while, but I admit I didn't dig into it too far.
>>
>> Your right that it allows you to do the same thing with less bytes,
>> but
>> I don't think it offers additional features, does it?
>
> I haven't understood all the details but it seems to produce result
> with multiple groupings per row which could either be hard or not
> possible in that exact form.
>
> Could we point to Eric's design?

I spent some time trying to track it down, searching IRC logs and the
list archive, but couldn't find anything concrete, just oblique
mentions.

I'm fairly sure I remember the syntax being discussed on the list, but
I'd had no luck finding it.

IIRC it used the AGGREGATE keyword. It's possible that Eric showed it
on a laptop at a F2F, and it was never sent to the list.

Steve Harris, Garlik Limited
2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
+44 20 8973 2465  http://www.garlik.com/
9AD