Re: [TF-LIB] IN operator

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 11:50 +0000, Steve Harris wrote:
> On 8 Feb 2010, at 11:00, Ivan Mikhailov wrote:
> > IN should be based on equality. For IN based on SAMETERM, a special
> > function might be introduced.
>
> What special function? SPARQL already has sameTerm: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#func-sameTerm

I mean a new function, say, SAMETERM_IN(needle, value1, value2,
value3...).
With some composite datatype like array or list or dictionary it might
be SAMETERM_IN(needle, haystack), but we do not have one.

> > If both scalar subqueries and IN are supported then
> > ?expn IN (SELECT...)
> > should also be supported, of course.
>
> That's a bit of a leap, and I don't think I agree.

Fine. The simpler the better. From my perspective, it's not a problem if
a feature is not in spec even if we've implemented it already. A problem
might appear only if a feature is made by two vendors in two different
ways.

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software