Re: Finalizing syntax

On 3 Feb 2010, at 09:39, Andy Seaborne wrote:

> To get to a final syntax, the things I know need doing to [1] are:
>
> + SPARQL Update syntax
>
> + Mandatory AS (it's optional currently)
>
> + ! in property paths, if we include that.
>
> + DISTINCT in all built-in aggregates
>
> + Finalize the aggregate keywords.
>
> + TF-LIB: Constructors for terms [2]
>
> IRI(string) -> IRI

Should that be
   IRI(string or IRI)
to make it the parallel of STR() and presumably there will be an alias
URI(...)?

Otherwise you'd have to do IRI(STR(?x)) to be sure you'd get a URI out
from URI in.

> BNODE() -> fresh blank node
> BNODE(string) -> same blank node as other use of BNODE(string)
> LITERAL(str) ->
> LITERAL(str, IRI) ->
> LITERAL(str, string) ->
>
> +  TF-LIB: IN and BETWEEN
>   (COALESCE and IF are already in the grammar)

I've never used BETWEEN, so I'm not sure what it does.

Steve Harris, Garlik Limited
2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
+44 20 8973 2465  http://www.garlik.com/
9AD