Re: another aggregates test case...

I don't see why it needs to be an error - with no aggregation GROUP BY
can be considered to be a a partial sort.  Cardinality same as without
GROUP BY.  This also happens to be a requirement in some apps - results
clustered by key but the same number of rows as without grouping.
Sorting can make it so, but sorting is potentially more expensive.

 Andy