Re: [ENT] reuse of rif namespace for rif:imports.

I don't have a strong opinion, but I am concerned about #1 and #2 for
the reasons given and before Axel's and Ivan's email I didn't even
imagine that a new namespace would also be possible. Since it seems to
be, I have no problems with that since it would make the construct a
bit more future-proof. I am still less concerned about #3 than Ivan,
so either #3 or #4 would work well for me.
Birte

On 25 May 2010 12:54, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:

> On May 25, 2010, at 13:42 , Axel Polleres wrote:
>

>> We have overall four alternatives, it seems:
>>
>> 1.  (ab)using the rif: namespace, i.e. rif:imports: might be acceptable, we need to check with rif group.
>>
>>    concern: may be confusing, since recursive imports are not considered as RIF-RF combination semantics doesn't know about rif:imports
>>

> Understand
>
>> 2.  (ab)using the rdf: namespace, i.e. rdf:rif-imports.
>>
>>    potentially similar issues as 1?
>>

> Indeed
>
>> 3.  use the sparql: namespace, which we need for functions etc. anyways... i.e.  sparql:rifImports or sparql:rif-imports
>>     pro: straightforward
>>     con: it was raised earlier that this import mechanism may be useful/needed by others, so we shouldn't tie it to sparql.
>>

> Agree with 'con' (sorry Birte, that is also an answer to you). I would not want this to be too sparql specific
>
>> 4. use a new namespace *and* a new prefix, eg. rif2rdf:imports where
>>     @prefix rif2rdf = <http://www.w3.org/ns/rif2rdf#imports>
>>

> I actually do not have a problem with that one
>

>> <chair-hat off> My personal opinion:
>>
>>  While I am still worried a lot about the objection for 1. and fear objections against 2., I am starting to think about the objection against 3. with a bit more distance... why should we speculate about later reuse that is not yet there? In case, others are free to reuse sparql:rifImports.
>>
>> - sceptical about 1.
>> - neutral about 2.
>> - in favor of 3.
>> - neutral about 4. (admittedly, I have no idea for a "sexy" prefix name, not entirely happy with rif2rdf: )
>>
>> </chair-hat off>
>

> I am more in favour of #4.
>
> Ivan
>

>> Other expressions of preference?
>>
>> Axel
>>

>>> Ivan

>>> ----
>>> Ivan Herman, W3C Semantic Web Activity Lead
>>> Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
>>> mobile: +31-641044153
>>> PGP Key: http://www.ivan-herman.net/pgpkey.html
>>> FOAF: http://www.ivan-herman.net/foaf.rdf