Re: [ENT] Review comments on the SPARQL 1.1. Entailment regime document

Birte.  Regarding changes to the document, see my comments below.  I won't
be able to attend tomorrow's teleconference, but I wanted to get all the
changes before hand.

On 5/23/10 9:23 AM, "Birte Glimm" <birte.glimm@comlab.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Chime,
> somehow the mail got lost in all the other SPARQL mails, so I am a bit
> late with answering it. I only comment on what needs clarification.
> For all the comments that are already addressed by changes in the
> document I am happy with the outcome.

Ok.

> I consider them trivial, because all answers that are omitted from the
> actual solutions can be reconstructed from the solutions
> without even knowing the queried graph (at least under RDF/RDFS
> entailments).

Ok.

> ..snip ..This is what C1 does and although you define the Skolemisation as I
> do, you don't have C1 any more, which requires in particular that
> Skolemizing P(BGP) results in ground triples, i.e., all bnodes in
> P(BGP) are from the known bnodes in SG.
> ..snip..
> as pointed out above the keyword in C1 (which you don't have) is that
> sk(P(BGP)) are ground, i.e., bnode free triples, which means all
> bnodes are from the known ones in the scoping graph. For other bnodes
> sk is not defined and maps them to themselves.

Ok, I have incorporated C1 into the use of skolemisation in the RIF
entailment regime:

"[...] sk(P(BGP)) are **ground**, well-formed RDF triples that are
RIF-Simple entailed by the RIF-RDF combination formed with the safe RIF core
document referenced from SG via the rif:imports predicate"

-- Chime

in America by U.S.News & World Report (2009).
locations.