Re: Web survey to resolve ISSUE-29 on negation

On 7 May 2010 18:28, Andy Seaborne <andy.seaborne@talis.com> wrote:

> On 07/05/2010 10:13 PM, Lee Feigenbaum wrote:
>>
>> I believe this is an error in the draft. The result should be:

>> -----------------------------
>> <http://example/carol>
>> <http://example/alice>
>
> My fault - now corrected.

Ok, this now makes sense.

>>> This is totally unclear to me. First, I don't understand whether we
>>> are subtracting instantiated BGPs or whether we subtract solution
>>> mappings. I think the latter and there is some compatibility
>>> condition.
>
> Would removing the DISTINCT in the example help?

I think I would actually prefer not to have distinct although the
distinct itself is not really the issue and so my preference is not
strong.

> --------------------------
> | s                      |
> ==========================
> | <http://example/carol> |
> | <http://example/carol> |
> | <http://example/alice> |
> | <http://example/alice> |
>

>> That's right. MINUS is a pseudo-difference operator on solution mappings.

I think I now understand it, at least all examples now make sense and
also the semantics definition below.
Cheers,
Birte

--