Re: [pedantic-web] ERRATA in examples for Query

On 31 Oct 2009, at 16:14, Axel Polleres wrote:
> small thing which we may want to add to the errata:
> The pedantic-web folks [1] pointed me to some errors in:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/vcard-rdf/3.0#
>
> which is not adhering to linked data principles, see [2] for details.
>
> I'd prefer to fix such issues in the upcoming version, i.e. not
> dereferencing example
> vocabularies/namespaces that have broken RDF from W3C specs.
> Ideally, we can resolve
> that by fixing  http://www.w3.org/2001/vcard-rdf/3.0#
> which -- as [2] suggests -- doesn't seem to be trivial, since we
> aren't sure who can
> actually fix it. otherwise, we may just want to change the example
> to something else than vcard?

There is actually an updated version of vCard in RDF at [1], which is
syntactically valid. Its namespace is:

http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns#

I think some concepts in there are named differently from the 2001
version, so the examples should be double-checked, but updating to
this newer version is all you'd need to make pedantic-web happy.

Richard

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/vcard/ns