Re: REST and HTTP Update

On Wednesday 7. October 2009 21:26:11 Steve Harris wrote:
> However, among the other people using our store, I don't know of
> anyone using the obvious REST approach. For whatever reason* people
> seem to prefer the urlencode form. The half dozen or so 3rd party
> libraries all seem to use the urlencode form.

OK, weight should be given to such experiences, but the pure REST is like
you say obvious and could be done without further discussion...

> It's not just parsing RDF/XML into Turtle, you have to parse it into
> SPARQL/Update syntax, extra {}s, PREFIX not @prefix, different qname
> rules(?), so it's really another syntax form.

Hmpf, ok, ok, use N-Triples, then! ;-) I would also presume that tools to
build SPARQL queries programmatically would surface quite soon, and they
should make it easy to say "put these triples in a SPARQL INSERT", but you
have a point. :-)

Cheers,

Kjetil
--