RE: service description vocabulary

(not related service description particularly)

This has been a curiosity to me before:

If we have:

# Graph at URL <G>
<x> :pointsTo <y> .

Then we can have an ingraph reference

<#z> :data "foo" .

where with <y> is <G#z> or <#z>.

Or we can have <y> be, for example, <http://elsewhere/abc> and by looking at the URI you can tell whether it's same-graph data or needs deferencing c.f. rdfs:seeAlso.

Or to put it another way - when is it good modelling to have different properties for the remote reference and local data and when is it good modelling to use the URI structure to notice "same place" data?