Re: Lee's feature proposal

On 1 May 2009, at 08:59, Ivan Herman wrote:
> It is not clear to me (lack of my technical knowledge!) whether
> Bijan's
> SPARQL/OWL proposal covers both semantics of OWL or not. OWL DL is, in
> many respect, a loose sub thing to OWL Full, so it might, but we
> have to
> be very explicit (at charter time, too!). So it would be good to put
> my
> mind at ease:-) How would we handle the others like RDFS?

I'm not really hot on the logical underpinnings, but I don't remember
running into any substantial problems when applying SPARQL over RDFS.
There are some questions around how you handle certain queries that
theoretically have infinite solutions, but there are pragmatic
workarounds for those. I'm confident that whatever solution SPARQL/OWL
proposes here will be applicable to SPARQL/RDFS.

> I presume service descriptions play an important role here.

I would imagine so.

Steve Harris
Garlik Limited, 2 Sheen Road, Richmond, TW9 1AE, UK
+44(0)20 8973 2465  http://www.garlik.com/
9AD