Re: Wording change (was : Re: Final text for Basic Graph Patterns)

On 19 Jan 2006, at 21:53, Pat Hayes wrote:
>> I want to leave clear the idea that simple entailment is
>> essentially about reading the structure of a graph with anonymous
>> labels (the bnodes), as opposed to entailments that consider the
>> semantics of RDF or RDFS or OWL).
>
> Im happy to have some prose pointing out that simple entailment is
> nothing more than structural matching to a subgraph, allowing for
> instances to bnodes; and emphasizing that nothing that is not
> already in the actual graph needs to be inferred or constructed,
> even implicitly. This is pretty much a restating of the
> interpolation lemma (http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#interplemmaprf)
> in the RDF semantics document.

This is what more or less is already in my text in the
"implementational hint" part - but your formulation sounds partly
better.
However, note that your current text does *not* provide for this
obviously expected equivalence.
Hence, my insistence in keeping my formal definitions.

--e.