Re: HTTP Status Codes for QueryRequestRefused

Kendall Clark wrote:
> On Jan 10, 2006, at 8:17 AM, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
>

>>Kendall,
>>
>>Thnaks for finding that extract - it certainly helps me.
>

> Glad to hear it.
>

>>Given that faults are an open set, then we just need to be sure
>>that the language of the SPARQL protocol is not providing a
>>stronger condition.
>

> It doens't. It provides a *weaker* one, that is, a more specific one.
> QueryRequestRefused *must* be returned *when* the service refuses to
> process a request. Under no other condition does the must apply.

Example: service refuses a request because for a security access issue.

It would like to be more specific than 500, sending 403.

(From the client's point of view, I read "refuse" as covering all and any
circumstances other than a bad request when a service is not going to execute
a request.  "Unable" because of some issue like local security policy is a
refusal).

	Andy