Re: ok if URIs for SPARQL interface etc. ends with paren? (serviceDescription)

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005, Dan Connolly wrote:
> According to latest word from the WSDL WG, the (standard) URI for our
> interface will be...
> http://www.w3.org/2005/08/sparql-protocol-query/#wsdl.interface(SparqlQuery)
>
> i.e. something that can't be used as a qname in RDF/XML nor turtle.
>
> Is that good enough? I need to say within the next week or so if not.

Seems good enough to me.  I doubt it'll be useful to use as a
*predicate*  which is the main restriction for RDF/XML.  It's annoying
but not a  big problem as a *subject* or *object* as you can always give
a full URI in either syntax.

> I can't think if any show-stopper reason why not, though it sure isn't pretty.

it sure isn't.

> For details, the thread starts with
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2005Sep/0009
> and culminates with
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-desc-comments/2005Oct/0013
>

> This is mostly related to serviceDescription, which we've
> postponed.
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/issues#serviceDescription
>
> But by the time we (or somebody like us) pick it up, it'll
> be too late to give technical input on WSDL 2.0.

Dave