Re: CONSTRUCT *

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 09:57:28AM +0000, Seaborne, Andy wrote:
> Approach 1: "CONSTRUCT *" is illegal if the query uses GRAPH.  The
> application writer has to be a bit more explicit and provide a template
> that more accurately describes what they want.
>
> Approach 2: "CONSTRUCT" returns a dataset.  Need to extend CONSTRUCT
> templates to include GRAPH.
>
> Approach 3: Drop "CONSTRUCT *" all together.
>
> My preference is 3 > 1 > 2.

If we do (3), I want to reintroduce the idea of getGraph in at least
the abstract WSDL interface (or in a separate interface), since my
willingness to drop getGraph was tied to the CONSTRUCT * alternative.

I don't recall what our WSDL sketch said about getGraph, and I can't
find the WSDL sketch in our archives...

(And setting aside the getGraph dependency, I agree about dropping
"CONSTRUCT *".)

Kendall