W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-rdf-dawg@w3.org > January to March 2005

agenda: RDF Data Access 8 Feb

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 11:47:23 -0600
To: RDF Data Access Working Group <public-rdf-dawg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1107798443.4991.94.camel@localhost>

1. Convene, take roll, review records and agenda


  tel:+1.617.761.6200 code:7333
  supplementary IRC chat:irc://irc.w3.org:6665/dawg
    log to appear:http://www.w3.org/2005/02/01-dawg-irc

scribe: EricP
Regrets Alberto Reggiori, Kendall Clark
  partial regrets AndyS


PROPOSED to accept
  RDF Data Access Working Group Meeting, 19-20 January 2005
  hosted near Helsinki, Finland by Profium
  Dan Connolly, chair 
  with thanks to the scribes: JanneS, DaveB, AndyS, EricP, SteveH 
  $Revision: 1.56 $ of $Date: 2005/02/07 15:20:36 $
as a true record

PROPOSED to accept
  RDF Data Access WG Teleconference
  1 Feb 2005

as a true record

next meeting: 15 Feb. scribe volunteer?

note the following done without discussion:
 ACTION: DanC (with EricP) to communicate WBS user experience to
 systems team.

continue the following without discussion, unless there's
progress to report/discuss:
 ACTION: DanC to consider Asemantics hosting proposal w.r.t. WG schedule
 ACTION: SteveH to propose to host in Southampton right after XTech
 ACTION: PatH to propose to host in Florida
 ACTION: KendallC to Announce the protocol spec
 ACTION EricP: to inviestigate WSDL/SOAP encodings of SPARQL protocol
 ACTION KendallC: to propose a solution to protocolRootReferent
 ACTION: DanC to write up "sparqlParam" approach (reply to kendallC)
 ACTION: SteveH to Write up a service description of features supported
for his service
 ACTION: KendallC to Add section for service descriptions and put graph
specifying in it to start it off
 ACTION: DanC to Write up definitive service concept
 ACTION: KendallC to to think about predicate to relate html-forms and
svc descriptions, and how this goes into the spec
 ACTION: DanC to ask Liam, via SemWeb CG, which XML groups might be
interested in SPARQL result set WD
 ACTION: SteveH to to propose tests for str() and =~
 ACTION: SteveH to to revise test manifest w.r.t. "background" and named
 ACTION: EricP to to update rq23 w.r.t. str()
 ACTION: EricP to to update rq23 w.r.t. BOUND/UNSAID
 ACTION: AndyS to to revise "unnamed" terminology
 ACTION DanC: suggest formal definitions for SOURCE
 ACTION AndyS: change "... may issue an error or warning... " to "...
may issue a warning..." in section 10.2 Constructing an Output Graph
 ACTION DaveB: discuss warnings in result set spec
 ACTION KendallC: discuss warnings in the protocol spec.

comments on agenda?
 sorry it's late, again.

2. valueTesting, XML Schema datatypes

ACTION: EricP and PathH will review XSCH draft document


3. accessingCollections

 ACTION: DanC to discuss accessingCollections in service description

collection access: inferred property vs. syntax Eric Prud'hommeaux 

4. SOURCE tests

 ACTION: DaveB to to propose source test to approve

BOUND test case Dave Beckett 

Revised souce-named/untrusted-graph*.rq tests Seaborne, Andy 

5. OPTIONALs and ordering

 ACTION: AndyS to to propose test case re optionals and ordering

6. nestedOptionals

perhaps resume discussion...

Discussion yielded a new proposal: a side condition on the grammar to
prohibit nested optionals. A poll showed no clear consensus:

      * nested optionals allowed as per 1.171: pref 3; oppose 3
      * side side condition to prohibit nested optionals: pref 4;
        oppose: 2
  -- http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf4.html#item21

Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
Received on Monday, 7 February 2005 17:47:25 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:00:33 UTC