Re: issues poll: please partcipate! [was: more positions?]

On Fri, Jan 14, 2005 at 03:38:01PM -0600, Dan Connolly wrote:
> If you have a novel position on an issue, not represented by one of the
> options or even close, mail the wg with the issue name in the subject
> and I'll try to add it.

For the SOURCE issue I would like what Alberto and I do currently to be
considered, as in
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/#source-query-001 2 3 & 5
AFAIK it is the only solution that was arrived at independently by more
than one working group member, and it represents our development and
support experience.

The key feature is that the URI used to identify the triples (ie. bound by
the SOURCE keyword) is not neccesarily the URI that was resolve to
retreive the grpah, that may be got by following some predicate from the
SOURCE URI to the actual URI resolved (dc:sounrce in the testcases).

This allows more that one version of a graph identified by the same URI to
be present in the store at one time, without confusion.