Re: definition of "SPARQL Query", sharing between QL and protocol specs

On Mon, 2005-05-09 at 19:58 -0400, Kendall Clark wrote:
> On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 02:03:15PM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
>
> > So the protocol spec should import the term "SPARQL query" from
> > the QL spec; i.e. hypertext link directly to it. It's probably
> > worth declaring a subtype of xs:string for it too.
>
> I assume by subtype you mean a restriction; the only facet that seems
> relevant is pattern, which only takes (afaict) a regex. I don't think
> that will work here?

I was thinking of just naming the type without really expressing
the constraints in a formal way; just using some
xs:annotation/documentation to say "this has to be in SPARQL syntax"
with a hyperlink.

> > "A SPARQL query is a sequence of characters that correspond
> > to a sequence of tokens that is in the language
> > defined by the grammar below."
>
> I'll hyperlink directly to rq23 when it contains a definition that's
> stable! :>
>
> > The lexical details could be more explicit; we need to
> > be clear how character sequences correspond to token
> > sequences; perhaps what's there is clear enough.
> > It might be nice to list all the tokens, or
> > token types, for example.
>
> I assume this is a comment for rq23?

yes.

> Kendall Clark
D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E