Re: definition of "SPARQL Query", sharing between QL and protocol specs

On Fri, May 06, 2005 at 02:03:15PM -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:

> So the protocol spec should import the term "SPARQL query" from
> the QL spec; i.e. hypertext link directly to it. It's probably
> worth declaring a subtype of xs:string for it too.

I assume by subtype you mean a restriction; the only facet that seems
relevant is pattern, which only takes (afaict) a regex. I don't think
that will work here?

> "A SPARQL query is a sequence of characters that correspond
> to a sequence of tokens that is in the language
> defined by the grammar below."

I'll hyperlink directly to rq23 when it contains a definition that's
stable! :>

> The lexical details could be more explicit; we need to
> be clear how character sequences correspond to token
> sequences; perhaps what's there is clear enough.
> It might be nice to list all the tokens, or
> token types, for example.

I assume this is a comment for rq23?

Kendall Clark