Re: SPARQL 2004-10-12 syntax and grammar issues

On Nov 11, 2004, at 2:46 AM, Steve Harris wrote:

>>> +1 for just #
>>
>> If you are happy with that, I propose just "#" for comments.
>>
>> In the telecon I thought you were making the case for /**/ comments.

I think it was me at the time - I feel that multi-line comments
(blocks) are useful as soon as your SPARQL queries gets several lines -
and while debugging you might want to keep different query pieces
visible. One more point is about documentation or "literate
programming" ala javadoc, where one wants to provide some full blown
description of what the query does. Using single line comments for
everything might be annoying sometimes (yes, in Perl I hate single line
comments sometimes)

to sum up:

+0 for /* ..... */ multi-line comments

+1 for # as single line comments