RE: SPARQL 2004-10-12 syntax and grammar issues

See also:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004OctDec/0210.html

[[
5. grammar/syntax ($ etc.)

Discussion started about $ vs. ? on variable identifiers

DaveB: last week's straw poll was very much $-favourable
DanC short straw-poll:
	?--> 3 votes
	$ --> 3 votes
	Yoshio: abstains
	kendall: I will object to $ only, I think. FYI.

AlbertoR don't we need $ test cases as well?

ACTION: AndyS to write a test cases which use ? and $ in the same query

SteveH wonders if $foo == ?foo
AndyS: Steve - yes - $ is a marker not part of the variable
AlbertoR: yes

AndyS the SPARQL spec/document will stick to ? but $ will be allowed -
tests cases will not generally be affected - but some $ tests cases
will be provided
]]