agenda: RDF Data Access 5 Oct

Apologies for the late minutes. I forgot 'till DanC reminded me.

1. Convene, take roll, review record and agenda

  RDF Data Access Working Group
  Tuesday 2004-10-05 14:30 UTC
  Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 7333 ("RDFD")

scribe: JanneS
chair: EricP

roll call.
 regrets: DanC, JosD

PROPOSED: to accept meeting record 28 Sep 2004 as ammended

next meeting: 12 Oct.
	scribe: ?VOLUNTEER

2. Publication of SPARQL

ACTION AndyS Change the name to SPARQL, keeping the name issue open in
rq23.  Remove other name choices.

ACTION AndyS: (with EricP) update QL spec draft by 1 Oct

ACTION Dirk: provide details about DB interfaces, re '?' and '$'

SPARQL Protocol reviewers: SteveH, DaveB, HowardK:

ACTION SteveH: review updated spec and advise WG on whether to
publish as 1st WD

ACTION DaveB: review updated spec and advise WG on whether to publish
as 1st WD
note: DaveB lists 6 MUSTFIX points in
Some issues raised in
addressed by EricP.

ACTION HowardK: review updated spec and advise WG on whether to
publish as 1st WD

3. Publish UC&R

ACTION KendallC: add DI use case.

ACTION KendallC: provided updated UC&R as
candidate for publication. [due in the next 2 to 3 weeks, in time to
get the WG to decide on 5 Oct]

ACTION PatH: Review UC&R draft appearing around Oct1, for Oct5 telcon
brought up "minor quibbles"

4. SPARQL Protocol

ACTION KendallC: expose our walking tour data to SPARQL querying clients
ETA before F2F4

ACTION KendallC: talk to creative commons people
about an RDF query interface to their search service.
ETA 1-2 weeks

ACTION KendallC: write a protocol document draft (est delivery in 1

5. Misc

ACTION EricP: draft UC on overlap between RDF query and web service
constraints with respect to WS-Policy

ACTION SteveH: send mail about the signage project

ACTION EricP: find logistics re F2F5 at tech plenary in Boston March
28 Feb - 4 Mar (2 days).  Some WG preference to Mon/Tue of that week.

ACTION DanC: talk with Kendall about issues list maintenance

ACTION SteveH: owns issue 'nested optionals'

ACTION AlbertoR: owns issue 'DESCRIBE'

ACTION DanC: owner of issue 'yes or no questions'

ACTION SteveH: own (i.e. propose resolution to) disjunction issue


ACTION SteveH: test cases (10 or so) re: current SOURCE design.

ACTION AlbertoR: real test cases re: current SOURCE design.

ACTION AlbertoR: (with SteveH) edit the examples into test cases
(either positive or negative tests)

ACTION DaveB: Update the source section 9, add
more formal links, update the examples, try to think about extra
constraints as EricP proposed (SOURCE ?s and ?s only in in
SELECT). Look at various people's source test cases.
note: current spec has source for interrogation and constraint.

7. XML query results formats



office: +81.466.49.1170 W3C, Keio Research Institute at SFC,
                        Shonan Fujisawa Campus, Keio University,
                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
        +1.617.258.5741 NE43-344, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02144 USA
cell:   +1.857.222.5741 (does not work in Asia)

Feel free to forward this message to any list for any purpose other than
email address distribution.

Received on Tuesday, 5 October 2004 00:37:17 UTC