Re: meeting record 2004-08-24

I have several corrections to offer...

On Sat, 2004-08-28 at 11:57, Eric Prud'hommeaux wrote:
> Sincerest apologies for the lateness...
>
> Minutes of RDF DAWG telecon 2004-08-17 for review
>
> RDF Data Access WG telcon
>
> Agenda
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0297
> IRC log
> http://www.w3.org/2004/08/24-dawg-irc#T14-28-04
>

> 1. Convene, take roll, review record, agenda
>
> Attendees: DaveB, Farrukh_Najmi, JanneS, HowardK, kendall, RobS, AndyS, ChrisRYvette_Hoitink, DanC, Enrico, EricP, SimonR, TomAdams, AlbertoR
>
> Regrets: @@@

I saw regrets from Brian Thompson.

> Scribe: EricP
> Scribe next time: AlbertoR
>
> Minutes from RDF DAWG telcon 2004-08-17
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0285
> ammended per
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0287
> ACCEPTED as the record of our previous meeting.
>
> Five actions were continued from last meeting without discussion:
>
> @@@

I copy-and-paste bug? The "5 cont without discussion" was last week.

> 2. Review "Semantic Interpretation for Speech Recognition"
>
> ACTION EricP: read http://www.w3.org/TR/semantic-interpretation/ and let DAWG
> know what, if any, dependencies there are/should be.
> DONE.
>
> ACTION SteveH: read http://www.w3.org/TR/semantic-interpretation/ and let DAWG
> know what, if any, dependencies there are/should be.
> DONE.
>
> EricP, SteveH, and Yoshio agreed that this topic was not as relevent to
> RDF as the name implied. The spec is more analogous to HTML forms (but
> for speach). The spec does reference EMMA which notes that there is no
> RDF query language.
>
> No further action -- no DAWG member was left responsible for tracking
> this spec.
>

> 3. SOURCE, "provenance"/data-management
>
> ACTION DanC: explain evolution of log:semantics/log:includes from
> uri-is-graph to uri-is-doc in cwm, to inform discussion of SOURCE.
> CONTINUES

I meant to claim victory, and I don't recall any objection. I think
the record should show this as DONE.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0309.html

> ACTION DaveB: explain the main uses seen for redland contexts with
> respect to the provenance. CONTINUES.

again, that's done
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0305.html

> ACTION DaveB: propose an way to address the SOURCE issue.
> CONTINUES.

Well, he took another action below; but that action is done.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0307.html

> ACTION SimonR: write about the "returning bnodes from a query" issue.
> CONTINUES.
>
> Issues:
>   constrain vs. merely select
>   bnodes SOURCES (identified or constrained by description rather than URI)
>   SOURCE of inferred triples
>   using OWL to assert provenance
>   cwm outputs formumae (for proofs)
>
> ACTION: DaveB to repropose source in both results and restrictions.
>
> ACTION: AndyS to (try to) compose a test case on inferred triples
>

> 8 [following Zakim numbering]. BP review of UC&R
>
> TomA expects more discussion this week.
>
> RDF Data Access, XQuery, rules Dan Connolly (Monday, 16 August)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2004Aug/0004.html
>

> 5. XQuery integration requirements/objective
>
> ACTION SimonR: write a document discussing tradeoffs with adapting
> XQuery as an RDF query language for discussion thru the September
> meeting in Bristol. CONTINUES.
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/ftf2#xqfa
>
> TomA hopes for attention from David Wood. No action.
>

> 6. WG meeting schedule
>
> ACTION EricP: find out the schedule of the 2005 W3C tech plenary and
> inform the WG so that we can plan ftf meetings after September.
> WITHDRAWN.
>
> I found the date and put it on the WG homepage:
>  28 February - 4 March 2005
>  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/#sched
>
> Shall we have a ftf in Jan? Who would like to host?
>
> RobS offers to host. Some note that later in month is better.
> Discussion continues in email.
>
> note also:
>  reconsidering teleconference time Dan Connolly (Monday, 16 August)
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2004JulSep/0275.html
>
> Discussion continues in email.
>

> Fill out http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35463/DAWGf2f3/ !!!
>
> ACTION: AndyS to show xmlopen slides to DAWG one or two days in advance.
>

> 7. Use Cases & Requirements done?
>
> withdraw these? are folks still on holiday?
>
> ACTION: JimH, to work with Bijan to do some sort of UDDI/Web services use
> case.
> CONTINUES.
>
> ACTION: RobS write email to Farrukh about traversing a taxonomy. CONTINUES

Dup; as noted below, that's done.