[OK?] Re: Minor editorial issues for WD-rdf-sparql-protocol-20050914

On Dec 12, 2005, at 11:55 AM, Reto Krummenacher wrote:

Hi Reto,

> The only observable difference in my opinion is the use of john and
> susan instead of alice and bob in example 2.2.1.8.

Yes, that's the only difference in the *query*.

But there is a big difference in the two requests (or "protocol
operations", if you prefer):

in 2.2.1.7 the RDF Dataset is specified solely in the query itself
(using the FROM and FROM NAMED bits); while in 2.2.1.8 there is an
RDF Dataset specified in the query as well as an RDF Dataset
specified in the HTTP bits, aka, in the protocol...

They do not specify the same RDF Dataset, and according to the
Protocol spec (section called Resolving Ambiguous RDF Datasets) the
dataset specified by the protocol is the one the query processor must
use.

Are you satisfied with this response? I have also tweaked the
introductory text in 2.2.1.8 in order to make the difference more
readily apparent.

Thanks for yr comments!

Cheers,
Kendall