Re: replies on named graphs? containers use case

RDF's containers are a sorry blot on the language.  We would be much
better off
if they had never been invented.  For declaring a set of objects, one
can choose their
favorite 'hasMember' predicate, and assert the members of the set, without
needing to extend the RDF language.  However, its frequently the case
that there
is a stronger semantics associated with a collection, in which case the
predicate
chosen to map from a collection to its members can use that stronger
predicate.
The strong-semantics option is not available with collections.

The numbered predicates used for sequences are a bastardization of the
predicates that is particularly sorry.  'first' and 'rest' for lists are
regrettably
verbose, but they capture the semantics accurately, and should be used
in preference to sequences.

- Bob

--

Bob MacGregor