Re: What is Oracle's objection to the use of Turtle as R2RML syntax?

On 12/14/11 1:39 PM, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
> (D2RQ can read only Turtle. It would be very easy to add support for other syntaxes, but demand hasn't materialized. And D2RQ dates back to the days when RDF/XML ruled and very few knew about Turtle and N3! In the API there's also a backdoor that allows initialization of a D2RQ instance with an abstract Jena model, meaning that it's relatively easy for a programmer to use a D2RQ mapping from absolutely any RDF source. I know that a number of people have used this API backdoor, for example so that they can read the D2RQ mapping directly from a triple store.)
>
> Best,
> Richard

And hopefully, R2RML will become the new interface for this kind of
interchange across implementations. Even if a given implementation
choose to transform to some other syntax first. We pretty much do this
with our implementation, which like D2R,  has its own mapping language.

Souri: is there any reason to keep this objection going from Oracle?
There's dexterity in place that works for all implementers of R2RML. I
don't see how anyone loses out here.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen