Direct Graph and R2ML?

After looking through R2ML, I'm wondering if the default graph approach
combined with R2ML could help eliminate some "boiler-plate" - i.e. by
providing a default template for moving a DB into RDF, then R2ML can focus
on extending that default mapping by over-riding it. That might solve some
of the readability problems of R2ML and the concerns about direct mapping
use-cases and possible spec divergence if we publish two different specs
for R2ML and dthe irect graph.

 And of course, R2ML should have someway to 'turn off default mapping via
the direct graph' entirely. And folks who are more interested in just
getting the direct graph could then just use a few command-line
parameters rather than learning R2ML. So in this fashion, we can serve
all the use-cases

  If the editors of both drafts are OK with it, I'd be interested in seeing
if they can get together and add some examples and English (i.e. not
formal semantics) and see how a "default mapping" can be a default use of
R2ML.

   Also, due to travel hiccups (I'm returning from IIW today), I am at
risk for the telecon, as my wifi connection on the train may be too
weak to let me particiapte. But will try!

       cheers,
        harry