From: public-qt-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-qt-comments-request@w3.org]On Behalf Of Sarah Wilkin
Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 2:00 PM
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org
Cc: Sarah Wilkin
Subject: [F&O] 14.1.3 fn:namespace-uri can no longer return a string

In F&O 14.1.3, namespace-uri was changed to return an xs:anyURI instead
of an xs:string. The sentence "If $arg is the empty sequence, the
zero-length string is returned" is no longer valid. There may be other
occurrences of this in the document where xs:string was changed to
xs:anyURI.

In similar cases (11.2.3) the signature is xs:anyURI?.

So either:
fn:namespace-uri() as xs:anyURI?
fn:namespace-uri($arg as node()?) as xs:anyURI?

If $arg is the empty sequence, the empty sequence returned.

or:
fn:namespace-uri() as xs:anyURI
fn:namespace-uri($arg as node()?) as xs:anyURI

If $arg is the empty sequence, xs:anyURI("") is returned.

--Sarah