RE: [DM]Relative order of Attribute Nodes

Thanks for the answer. I am now curious, why XML
attributes have this characteristic..

I guess, having "the relative order of Attribute
Nodes" consistent across XQuery and XPath
implementations would make things more intutive.. Is
it possible for the "XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data
Model" to override this behaviour inherited from the
XML Infoset? And would having it consistent across
implementations make XQuery and XPath more useful?

Regards,
Mukul

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xpath-datamodel-20041029/