Re: [Serial] I18N WG last call comments

Henry Zongaro a écrit :
>      In [1], Martin Duerst submitted the following comment on the Last
> Call Working Draft of XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization on behalf of
> the I18N Working Group.
>

>>[24] Cases of creation of non-wellformed XML where the processor is not
>>   required to signal an error: It would be good to have an option to
>>   request well-formedness checking even if Character Maps are used.
>

>      Thanks to Martin and the I18N Working Group for this comment.
>
>      The XSL and XQuery Working Groups discussed the comment, and
> concluded that, although such a mechanism might be useful, an XML parser
> would be capable of performing the same well-formedness checking.  On
> those grounds, the working groups decided it was not necessary to
> duplicate that functionality in Serialization.

We are not satisfied with this resolution.  We feel that 1)
well-formedness is very important ; 2) using a parser to check it is
just a possible implementation strategy and 3) that this strategy may
not even be available when serializing to other than a local file, e.g.
to a network socket.

> [1]
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2004Feb/0362.html

Regards,