Re: [XSLT 2.0] unique IDs for fn:id() and interaction with XSLT temporary trees

Kay, Michael wrote:
> The original comment {qt-2003Dec0117-01}:
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2003Dec/0117.html
>
> came from Mike Brown. This is the official response from the XSL Working
> Group.
>
> The WG considered that no change was needed to the language
> specification, but asked the editor to consider adding a clarifying note
> or example.

> [...]
> The phrase "an attribute whose type is xs:ID" means that the attribute
> must have a type annotation that is xs:ID or a type derived by
> restriction from xs:ID. As explained in XSLT section 19.2.1, an
> attribute node acquires such a type annotation as a result of
> validation.
>
> Could you confirm that you are happy with this explanation?

Mostly. It matches the comments initially made in the original thread, but I
found your response [1] to my inquiry about XSLT sec. 192.2.2 [2] to be just
as enlightening and IMHO equally worthy of inclusion in whatever action is
taken.

Thanks for the consideration and kind reply.

-Mike B.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2003Dec/0134.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-qt-comments/2003Dec/0129.html