RE: Request to remove unnecessary semicolons

Semicolons were added not because the language can't be parsed without them,
but because it's very hard to produce good error messages and error
recovery. In my view the semicolons are a great improvement because they
make the language more robust. To achieve good diagnostics, you need to
guess what the user intended when their syntax is incorrect, and for that
you need a syntax that is not only unambigous but also has some redundancy.