RE: Overloading functions in XSLT and XQuery

From: Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:44:10 -0700
To: "Xavier C. Franc" <xfranc@online.fr>, <public-qt-comments@w3.org>

Because it adds complexity to the language and to the implementations
and it may contradict a future overloading based on the type signature
that is preferred by many members but which was postponed to Vnext.

We designed the built-in overloaded functions that either approach
should work, but allowing users to overload would lock us in.

Best regards
Michael