RE: Overloading functions in XSLT and XQuery

From: Xavier Franc <xfranc@online.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:37:51 +0200
To: public-qt-comments@w3.org

certainly overloading based on the type signature would be best.
[And in addition with a guaranty that always the most precise
signature is chosen, like for example in Java.]

It is not so complex to implement per se, but it requires complete type inference.
So overloading based on the type signature is closely related with static type checking.
It could perhaps be part of the static typing feature?