Re: XQuery for every node except for something

At 01:39 PM 12/20/2003, Michael Brundage wrote:

>Hi Mike,
>
>Just use the same XPath that you would in XSLT:
>
>//*[not(Owner) or Owner = 'mluu']
>
>You indicated that an element always contains at most one Owner, but if
>there might be multiple owners you need to decide what you want done in that
>case.  The query above matches as long as there exists an Owner equal to
>mluu (or no Owner).

Hi Mike (Luu),

To me, this looks like a programming question rather than a comment on our
specification. Would you agree that it does not need to be entered as a
public comment, or do you think there is an issue with the XQuery language
that needs to be tracked?

If you post programming questions to www-ql@w3.org, that will help simplify
our tracking of issues.

Jonathan