RE: [F&O] 15.1.8 fn:exists

--- Ashok Malhotra <ashokma@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Dimitre:
> Thank you for your comment.  We discussed this on the 12/2/2003 telcon
> and decided not to change the name of the function.  "empty" is as
> imprecise a word as "exists"

Ashok,

Thanks for considering my comment.

> and it did not seem that a change in the
> name of the function would benefit our users.

I am one of your users. How many other users did you contact and got their
feedback that this change in the name wouldn't benefit them? If other
users were not contacted then what is the model of a user the WG has, on
the basis of which your conclusion was made?

> All the best, Ashok

This does not address the second part of my original comment, which
treated the correctness of example 15.1.8.1

Thanks,

Dimitre Novatchev.