RE: [F&O] deep-equal

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 00:39:33 GMT
To: ashokma@microsoft.com
Cc: dnovatchev@yahoo.com, public-qt-comments@w3.org

> Thanks!  We are going to give it another try!

I think that the language would be better without this in the core, and
users would benefit from being given a complete definition in the
appendix that they could tune to their own needs, however in either
case, I think that if you want to ignore comments the rule should be
for elements, if it has no element children, compare the _string value_
this will get rid of the anomalous text node slitting due to comments
and pis.

David