Re: Syncing charset overrides in detailed/results forms

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 09:20 +0900, olivier Thereaux wrote:
> On Feb 11, 2006, at 21:43, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> > As recently noted on www-validator, the detailed and results forms
> > offer
> > different selections of charset overrides.  The attached patch syncs
> > them in the 0_7 branch, could someone review that it's correct?  If ok,
> > go ahead and commit it or let me know and I'll take care of it.
> > <charsets.patch>
>
> Most changes look good (arguably, based on a limited knowledge of the
> iso-8859* charsets and a bit of web research). I think however that
> iso-8859-4 should probably be synced to the "Latin4" name. "Baltic Rim"
> being the synonym of latin7 (aka iso-8859-13), it could be confusing.

Hm, I wonder what user base does the Latin* names serve, maybe use the
less formal and human friendlier names (eg. "North European") everywhere
where available?  For example http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8859
contains a list; I don't know if there's an official one available
somewhere.

Also, /me wonders why the human friendly description is part of the
option _values_ in the result form's select box?

> P.S: Having been busy with other issues, I haven't released 0.7.2 at
> the date I had planned.

Yep, I noticed and smuggled in a couple of small other fixes, ChangeLog
in Wiki is up to date :)