Re: [check] Progress Towards Release...

Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi> wrote:

>The spec file will have to wait.  First, I need to see the tarballs
>before creating the RPMs (chicken-egg-chicken...), and second, we
>require (?) OpenSP 1.5 which will need some spanking to get RPM'd (it's
>bundled with OpenJade currently on RH8 so both of them need to be
>repackaged and watched closely in order to not break anything).
>
>This doesn't mean that there wouldn't be RPMs of 0.6.0, I do intend to
>roll 'em a bit later.

Ok. As you've seen from your CCs; since the OpenJade project doesn't have a
packager for RPM I've sort of nominated you for the task. Given you were
doing RPMs anyways and the differences are pretty much zero AFAICT, I hoped
you wouldn't mind?

Tim Waugh used to do Red Hat RPMs of OpenJade/OpenSP, but I suspect it'll
be a while before they move to OpenSP 1.5 and OpenJade 1.3.2 so...

--
> I suggest you attend some sort of anger management class....
That's where you learn to upset the PHBs? -- Peter da Silva