Re: Re 2: Proposal for charter changes, in view of the formal objections by Vivliostyle & Disruptive Innovation

From: Daniel Glazman <daniel.glazman@disruptive-innovations.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 10:24:25 +0200
To: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Cc: Florian Rivoal <florian@vivliostyle.com>, W3C Publishing Business Group <public-publishingbg@w3.org>, W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>, public-new-work@w3.org
Le 25/04/2017 à 12:43, Ivan Herman a écrit :
> Daniel,
>
> I have just made an update to the proposed charter text (still in the separate branch[1]):
>
> - separated the rec-track and non-rec-track documents in the list of input documents
> - I have also added a reference to HTML, CSS, and SVG in the list of input documents with some general text on why those documents appear there
>
> Are these o.k. with you?

Sorry for the delay, I had too much on my radar yesterday to
review your changes.

Your changes are fine by me with one exception, that I spent a lot
time thinking about: I still think the two last sentences of the last
paragraph of the Scope section, starting with "EPUB 4 must not..."
should be dropped or modified enough to be a recommended option and not
an enforcement any more. This is something to be decided by the WG and
such a technical choice should not be enforced by the Charter. To be
more precise, I can't accept the too strong "must not" and "must be
a type".

With a compromise there, I would withdraw my formal objection.

Hth.

</Daniel>