Fwd: [Contract for the Web WGD] Endorse the Contract for the Web and participate in its launch!

W3m, Comm,

Marie-Claire and I have participated in this endeavor. As you can see below, there is an opportunity to endorse that contract in advance, ie, being on of the top endorser which, I would think, gives us some browny points.

On the other hands, the signature of the endorsement is to be made in the name of one's organization, ie, neither Marie-Claire nor should do that without a W3M approval.  I personally would be in favor of doing this. I *can* sign this, but I would think it is more appropriate if it is Jeff or Coralie who do that.

Ivan

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Juan Ortiz Freuler <juan.ortiz@webfoundation.org>
> Subject: [Contract for the Web WGD] Endorse the Contract for the Web and participate in its launch!
> Date: 4 November 2019 at 17:17:06 GMT+1
> To: "External collaborators Working Group D (Contract)" <collaborators-contract-wgd@webfoundation.org>
> Cc: José Alonso, World Wide Web Foundation <contract@webfoundation.org>
>
> Dear Contract for the Web Working Group Members,
>

> We’re excited to share that the Core Group has taken the decision to approve the Contract.
>

> Together, we have turned the 9 founding principles <https://contractfortheweb.org/> into a global plan of action to protect a free and open web that is truly for everyone. We couldn’t have done this without you, and want to thank you for dedicating time and energy to making the Contract a reality.
>
> We’ll launch the Contract for the Web at the Internet Governance Forum (IGF) in Berlin <https://www.igf2019.berlin/> on November 26. But we wanted to share it with you early and ask, will you be one of the first stakeholders to endorse the Contract <https://mailchi.mp/webfoundation/endorsethecontract>?
>
> By endorsing the Contract for the Web <https://mailchi.mp/webfoundation/endorsethecontract>, you agree to support the initiative, promote its objectives, and uphold its principles and clauses. You'll be expected to demonstrate your organization’s progress towards implementation and ongoing adherence to the Contract to remain a named endorser. Read the Contract <https://contractfortheweb.org/contractfinal/> and endorse on behalf of your organisation by November 19th <https://mailchi.mp/webfoundation/endorsethecontract>.
>

> If you’re planning to be at IGF 2019 <https://www.intgovforum.org/multilingual/content/igf-2019> in Berlin, we’d love you to join us to celebrate at our launch event. Please RSVP by November 19th <https://contractfortheweb.eventbrite.co.uk/> to be added to the guestlist. Space is very limited, hence this invitation in non-transferrable.
>
> As usual, I and the Web Foundation team are here to help so please let us know if you have any comments or questions.
>

> All the best,
> Juan
>
> --
> Juan Ortiz Freuler
>
> Senior Policy Fellow - Web Foundation
> Affiliate - Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society (2019-2020)
> @juanOF9 <https://twitter.com/juanof9> // [He/Him]
>

> --
> Public facing updates: https://contractfortheweb.org/positive-tech/ <https://contractfortheweb.org/positive-tech/>
>
> Access to documents available to WG Members https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xexF2u_EM5XVkBnqapO__3wExDUNkcXK?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xexF2u_EM5XVkBnqapO__3wExDUNkcXK?usp=sharing>
> ---
> [...]

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/