RE: Next PubSC call, EPBUBCheck dev status

Hello All,

A few thoughts about the survey:

Now that Edge has dropped support for EPUB, there is no, “in-box” solution for Windows, Other OS has at least a default reader for EPUB, Mac and IOS, Books, Android PlayBooks. I expect that by the end of the first quarter 2020, there will probably several free options, probably VS Bookshelf and Thorium. Having something on all OS is important for broad adoption.

This means that Government and business would be able to deliver their papers/manuals/newsletters , and those groups do not seem to be represented in the survey.

Early in the first quarter, WordToEpub will be launched, which will make authoring more available to the masses.

Education is another sector that does not seem to be represented in the survey. Many LMS distribute EPUB and many have their own reader. Also, here is where the interactive quiz and testing using IMS specs is taking place. I don’t see this aspect covered in the survey.

Before I attack the GoogleDoc with this, I was hoping to get your thoughts.

Talk in45 minutes.

Best

George